The Amylograph-E provides you with a reliable, reproducible picture of enzyme activity (α-amylases) in flours and whole grains. This enables you to make statements on flours’ suitability for baking and control the dosing of, for example, baking malt or enzyme preparations.
• Shape of the curve provides additional information
• During the test the influence of enzymes can be observed. No enzyme damage before measuring
• Reference curve
• USB operated
Why is this important?
• The baking properties of flour depending on the gelatinization of the starch and on the enzyme activity (α-amylase) in the flour.
• High enzyme activity, as indicated by sprouting in wheat, produces a sticky dough that can cause problems during processing and results in products with poor colour and weak texture
• Flour supplied from the mill can be checked if it meets the specifications for the given application
Suitable for the following applications:
Flour, Wholemeal flour, Coarse meal, Starch, Rice, Pasta Products
Which tests can be conducted with the solution?
- Viscoelastic properties
- Enzyme activity
- Starch quality
- Starch properties
- Gas retention capacity
- Fermentation (Process)
- Baking behaviour
The Brabender 3-Phase-System provides a holistic and practical approach to the production of baked goods and pasta on a laboratory scale:
- Phase 1 – Farinograph: provides information on the water absorption of the flour and the kneading properties of the dough
- Phase 2 – Extensograph: determines the stretch properties of the dough and gives a prediction of the baking volume
- Phase 3 – Amylograph: measures the gelatinization properties of the starch and the enzyme activity in the flour
Enquiry about Amylograph-E