Brabender TSSR-Meter (Measurement of cross-linking density)
The TSSR-Meter can perform conventional isothermal relaxation measurements as well as Temperature Scanning Stress Relaxation (TSSR), an anisothermal stress relaxation measurement method (AISR method).
- Very good reproducibility
- Fast determination of the cross-linking density
- Information about relaxation behaviour and structure
With the ever-increasing demands on materials, the determination of crosslinking density is an important advantage, and therefore the TSSR meter is particularly suitable for material development and quality control during production.
Two different measuring methods are possible with the TSSR meter:
- the conventional isothermal relaxation measurement
- the application of the TSSR method
Fields of Application:
- The determination of the cross-linking density offers advantages in the development of new materials and quality assurance.
- The compression set value can be predicted from the limit temperature using a linear correlation.
- Better delimitation of application areas of TPE compared to carbon black filled elastomers
- Gain additional information for carbon black filled EPDM compounds by anisothermal stress relaxation curves.
- Represent thermal application limits of commercially available TPE materials and characterize different TPE blends with relaxation spectra.
- Individual materials can be assigned to product groups using the TSSR index determined.