The Farinogram shows the quality characteristics of the analyzed flour.
i. Water absorption:
The more water a flour can absorb at a definite consistency of a dough, the greater the dough yield per sack of flour.
The benefit: Higher flour price due to optimal water absorption; time-saving in production due to constant water absorption
ii. Dough development time:
Optimum mixing time for optimum doughs.
The benefit: Most efficient mixing time and settings; Assurance of stable product quality by identifying different particle sizes or starch damage
The longer the stability, the greater the fermentation tolerance and the higher the forces required for mixing.
The benefit: Determination of the most profitable application with information on the properties of the gluten contained in the dough
iv. Degree of softening:
The sooner the weakening, the shorter the fermentation and the less the abuse the flour can withstand.
vi. Farinograph Quality Number (FQN):
The higher the FQN, the stronger the flour
Why is this important?
• Estimation of the optimum water amount for flour to form a dough
• Prediction how a flour will react in different stages of production and baking
• Definition of flour specifications for a given
• Practice-oriented methods to characterize your flour
• Cost optimization for raw material supply and production
• Multi-access: Tracking of tests through multiple devices at a time
Suitable for the following applications:
Cereals, Gluten-containing flour, Gluten-free flour, Wholemeal flour, Starch, Gluten, Pasta products, Dough
The Brabender 3-Phase-System provides a holistic and practical approach to the production of baked goods and pasta on a laboratory scale:
- Phase 1 – Farinograph: provides information on the water absorption of the flour and the kneading properties of the dough
- Phase 2 – Extensograph: determines the stretch properties of the dough and gives a prediction of the baking volume
- Phase 3 – Amylograph: measures the gelatinization properties of the starch and the enzyme activity in the flour
Enquiry about Farinograph-TS