Glass Capillary Viscometer
Glass capillary viscometers are available in various designs, which differ with respect to the application area, accuracy and operation. As of now, Ubbelohde, Cannon-Fenske, Micro-Ostwald and special designs are available. For high-precision, automatic measuring, the Ubbelohde version with the suspended level is used by preference, among other reasons because the flow time is independent of the precise sample volume.
To keep the measuring times within the optimum range between approx. 60 and 600 s, different capillary diameters are supplied to cover the complete viscosity range. The procedure, particularly with automatic LAUDA measuring technology and precise temperature control using LAUDA clear-view thermostats, is unrivalled in terms of accuracy for measuring liquids with nearly Newtonian (ideal) flow properties.
• Ring marks with no detection disturbances
• Corrosion-resistant labelling
• Ubbelohde for dilution series with calibration certificate and filter frit
• Complete process chain from one supplier
• Customer-specific variants available on request
• Determining the viscosity number, intrinsic viscosity (average molar mass) and other parameters of technical polymers such as PA, PET, PBT, PE, PP and PVC in accordance with EN-ISO 1628, ISO 307 for the quality control of plastics
• Measuring absolute viscosities of engine oils and other lubricants in accordance with ASTM D445, viscosity index in accordance with ISO 2909 at 40 °C and 100 °C
Enquiry about Glass Capillary Viscometer