Video Extensometers (VEM 200 Series)
It is designed to measure low levels of strain from 0.01% in tensile, compression, shear and flexural modes.
The units are fully integrated with the testing machine and results-reporting software, supporting multiple gauge length click and drag placements, strain rate control and real-time results during and throughout the test.
The VEM 200 series is directly compatible with all Tinius Olsen testing machine frames. It is mounted using a stabilised carbon fibre arm with built-in X, Y and Z fine positioning adjustment for optimum measuring performance.
The unit can be mounted at the front or rear of a testing machine, left or right in support of operator comfort and efficiency of use. The extensometer on its mounting arm can be quickly moved away from the test area, ensuring full operator access for specimen loading and grip or accessory changes, then equally quickly swung back into position, locating precisely using the magnetic homing position – simple, precise and quick.
The built-in lighting strip ensures repeatability in tests irrespective of lab conditions yet requires no special light sources or red colours, is easily controlled by the user adjusting intensity as required to ensure a stable light environment.
- Non-contacting video extensometer solution
- One extensometer measures in tension, compression, flexural, shear modes
- No need for bonded strain gauges or multiple clip on extensometers for r&n
- Supports axial, transverse, orthogonal and rotational measurements
- Provides a permanent record for recall of the test in video format with full resolution embedded strain data
- Meets the requirements of ISO 9513 class 0.5, ASTM E83 class B1 and GB/T 12160 class 0.5
Enquiry about Video Extensometers (VEM 200 Series)