About this webinar:
In this webinar, you may get an overview of Static Light Scattering (SLS/ Laser Diffraction) & Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) Particle Sizing Techniques. This will help you understand the differences of these techniques in terms of the measurable size range, sample preparations, & other capabilities.
Date & Time:
6th April 2022 (10.00 a.m -11.30 a.m)
What You Will Learn:
- Why are light scattering methods commonly used for particle size analysis?
- Principles of Static Light Scattering (SLS) & Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS)
- What are the requirements to use the light scattering methods for particle size analysis?
- Discussion on the various considerations of the most appropriate light scattering method for my sample
- Some application examples
- Q&A Session (15 minutes)
Mr Lian Hock Chuan (Product Manager) | Product Manger | Horiba Instruments (S) Pte Ltd
Mr Lian obtained his Bachelor and Master of Chemical Engineering from the National University of Singapore before joining Horiba Instruments (S) Pte Ltd in 1999. Working as an application engineer, he was tasked with providing application related support to customers in the Asia Pacific, including Australia and New Zealand for analytical and environmental instrumentation.
He is now the product manager for particle size analysis products and elemental measurement product for the APAC region. He is a senior member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and a senior member of the Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES).
Nexus Analytics Sdn Bhd
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (i-CRIM Centralised Laboratory)