Date: 20th October 2021
About this webinar:
In the first half of this 2-part webinar, Prof. Dr. Werner Mäntele will introduce the fundamental aspects of protein structure-function correlation and protein analysis by Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy. He will discuss examples of different proteins and their implications in detail, as well as the use of FTIR spectroscopy in various biomedical applications.
In the second half of the webinar, Dr. Suja Sukumaran will focus on the experimental aspects of the protein analysis using FTIR. Dr Sukumaran will perform live demonstrations on using FTIR spectrometer and FTIR microscope for the analysis of protein powder, solutions and particles. She will also present examples of protein analysis by FTIR in the food industry.
- Understand protein structure-function correlation
- Learn novel IR applications in medical research
- Learn principles and practices of protein analysis by FTIR
- Learn multi-modal protein analysis
Who Should Attend:
- Protein biochemist
- Structure biologist
- QA/QC manager and analysts in biopharmaceutical and medical device companies
- Food scientists